[OSGeo-Discuss] update osgeo live 5.0 to osgeolive 7.0

Andreas Hoffmann andreas.in.hk at googlemail.com
Fri May 16 00:29:55 PDT 2014

Hi Alex Hi list,

thank you for your reply, how the ubuntu update process is working I
already have a plan and I'm not totally new to it. I'll give it a try by
updating to ubuntu to 12.04 first and then change the repos in
sources.list.d to the files fond on the osgeo live DVD and run updates
again to update the geo software.

Do this may break configurations, like changes passwords (e.g. for the
geoserver)?

Best Regards,
Andreas