[OSGeo-Discuss] any spatial databases for high performance geo-computing

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon May 19 19:15:21 PDT 2014

Tools like Hadoop, Neteeza & Teradata support very large databases & are fully spatially aware, generally through custom re-implementations of FOSS tools like GDAL.

http://www10.giscafe.com/nbc/articles/view_article.php?articleid=590803
http://www.teradata.com.au/products-and-services/teradata-geospatial

or in the FOSS arena:

http://spatialhadoop.cs.umn.edu/