[OSGeo-Discuss] Starting build cycle for OSGeo-Live 8.5

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 03:56:08 PST 2014

We are starting the build cycle for version 8.5 of the OSGeo-Live
DVD/USB/VM which will be released in March 2013, ready for several
special events, including FOSS4G-NA, FOSSGIS Germany, among others.
We would like to hear from anyone wishing to add new projects to
OSGeo-Live, anyone wishing to extend or add translations, or anyone who
has ideas on how we should shape the upcoming release.

Key Milestones:
* 1 Dec 2014 All new applications installed, most old applications updated
* 23 Dec 2014 Feature Freeze (all apps updated)26 Jan 2015 User
Acceptance Test (all apps installed and working)
* 15 Feb 2015 Final ISO sent to printers
* full schedule:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB#gid=0

About OSGeo-Live:
OSGeo-live is a Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source
Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use
OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software
without installing anything.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager