[OSGeo-Discuss] Status of discussion regarding FOSS4G collaboration with LocationTech and POCs

Gert-Jan van der Weijden gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed Oct 1 09:04:11 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Last month there has been a lot of discussion on the subject whether or not
to collaborate with LocationTech in organizing the FOSS4G event (and if so,
under what conditions, and whats the goals of FOSS4G could and should be)

As  the discussion spanned over at least 3 newsgroups it was not an easy one
to follow. (unless you're subscribed to all OSgeo-newsgroups, which I'm not)

The discussion seems to be over. However 2 monuments of this discussion
remain

1. A wiki page at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Options_2014
(assembled by Cameron Shorter)

2. A google doc based survey (by Jacky Cepicky)

Can someone explain to me (and others) what

a) the current status of the discussion is

b) where to find this status ;-)

c) what the road map for this discussion is. I guess the deadline is
february 2015, when the Request For Proposal for 2016 is due ;-)

Greetings,

Gert-Jan