[OSGeo-Discuss] inspire and GeoSpatial World Forum

Gert-Jan van der Weijden gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Mon Oct 6 10:42:42 PDT 2014

According to the website
(http://www.geospatialworldforum.org/whytogether.htm) Inspire moves from the
legislation & implementation phase (=supply-driven) to a more demand-based
orientation. That's the same paradigm-shift that can be seen in the
Netherlands.

Now that almost all Inspire themes are being served the questions arises
what's the use of all these Inspire-efforts. Either on a local scale (of
individual EU-countires) but preferably on a cross-border or even
Pan-European scale.

Any FOSS4G based-project that spans across (EU-)boundaries could be the
killer-app for this GWF/Inspire conference. From our point of view
especially if the cross-border aspect is strengthened by the fact that it's
based on open source software!

Any example project?

Greetings from the lowlands,

Gert-Jan