[OSGeo-Discuss] Hacking OSGeo

Andrew Ross andrew.ross at eclipse.org
Sat Sep 13 09:55:20 PDT 2014

Jeff,

I'm not sure what LocationTech has to do with this topic? Please let me
know if I'm missing something.

In case it wasn't perfectly clear, I'm happy to state, there's no
pressure whatsoever from LocationTech in terms of OSGeo's brand. I get
that some feel LocationTech's mere existence affects OSGeo, but in my
opinion no more than Apache, Mozilla, Open Perception, Flamingo, and
many others should.

In terms of events, there is a little more urgency, simply because we're
planning for 2016 now. It is clearly desirable to have a single strong
event.

Andrew