[OSGeo-Discuss] Hacking OSGeo

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sun Sep 14 08:05:51 PDT 2014

FWIW I'm happy to hear that there was such a face to face discussion. I
believe that open communication on the issues will be the best way to
address the fears and find ways to move forward in the best interest of
the overall worldwide community of people, businesses, institutions, etc
who have a common interest in seeing free and open source geospatial
software strive.

Keep in mind that we all come to this model of software development for
different reasons (business, academic, philosophical, hobby, etc.), but
in the end we're all working towards a similar objective, so there is no
fear to be had, just different means of reaching a common objective, and
since the result of everybody's actions is better free/open source
software, everybody will benefit in the end.

Not sure if I was able to relay my thoughts properly... maybe I need a
bit more sleep.

Cheers all

Daniel

--