[OSGeo-Discuss] Hacking OSGeo

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Sep 15 10:45:06 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-15 1:22 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> the members in OSGeo are individuals and the members in
> Eclipse/LocationTech are businesses

Daniel this statement is not true, regarding OSGeo.  OSGeo members are
made up of all walks of life, and many are running private businesses
all around the world.  I have visited their organizations/offices myself
in my FOSS4G travels throughout the years.

However I cannot change how you feel.

This part is unfortunate, these strong statements made publicly, which I
feel are made to divide our community.

Let me reinforce: our OSGeo community and our FOSS4G events (of all
sizes) are geared for everyone and anyone, with no sole focus on one
type of community.  And as the President of OSGeo, I am happy to
represent all of the members, of any kind :)

-jeff