[OSGeo-Discuss] Hacking OSGeo

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 10:14:50 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
> wrote:

> I am also pondering of suggesting to the Board, later when we get to that
> point, of possibly querying the Charter Members, in a "referendum" of
> sorts.  Not sure, I'm just speaking openly here.

Please do. As I gently indicated in an earlier email, all these discussions
are very new to me, so it is reasonable to assume they are new to many
other Charter Members around the world as well. Given that  most of this
thread seems to be driven by FOSS4G, a conf I have little fondness for
anymore, the conversation sounds very alien to me. Esp. so since it hints
at changing the nature of OSGeo.

Getting the input of Charter Members worldwide will be noisy and difficult,
but that is how communities are. Whoever wants to provide an input should
have a visible and welcome opportunity to do so. Plus, it will be a good
chance to "use" the Charter Members for something other than just voting,
for a change ;)

--
Puneet Kishor