[OSGeo-Discuss] Polling charter members

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:42:25 PDT 2014

My guess is, just as I do, most Charter Members find this entire thread
very alien. For us who don't go to FOSS4G, OSGeo means something completely
different (here is where I disagree with an earlier email—I think it was Jo
Cook—that folks know OSGeo products but not OSGeo). To suddenly hear of all
this chatter about FOSS4G being used as a football between OSGeo and
LocationTech (an org I heard about for the first time also in this thread)
is like waking up at night to find a bunch of strangers chatting in your
living room.

Definitely, involving Charter Members would be a very sound and nice thing
to do.

Puneet Kishor
Manager, Science and Data Policy
Creative Commons