[OSGeo-Discuss] free software for transport planning
rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br
Fri Sep 19 07:51:38 PDT 2014
Thank you for those references.
As a Metropolitan Transport Authority we need to create macro public transport models to simulate, analyse and plan the transport network and services provided to the city population.
PTV and other providers, offer very efficient software tools to help on those dificult and complex tasks. But they are based on closed source software licenses that we, beeing a public administration, should avoid and look for open and free equivalent solutions.After a short query I've been able to find several aplications (see below).
But I am relative new on this particulary transport area, so I don't know much about those alternatives. I really appreciate any recomendations from who already used some of these:
- Simulation of Urban MObility
- Multi-Agent Transport Simulation (MATSIM)
- Open Source Sustainable Transport Informatics Platform (OSSTIP)
- Transportation Analysis and Simulation System (TRANSIMS)
There are several listing on this subjetct, with many other solutions:
Thank you in advance.
Em Quinta-feira, 18 de Setembro de 2014 0:01, Robert Cheetham <cheetham at azavea.com> escreveu:
The tools of which I'm aware are focused on transit planning (rather than more transportation in general) and include:
* World Bank Open Transit Indicators - https://github.com/WorldBank-Transport/open-transit-indicators - this is a project Azavea is developing under contract with the World Bank - we expect the initial version to be complete by the end of December
* Open Trip Planner Analyst - a project that began at OpenPlans and is now led by Conveyal - http://www.opentripplanner.org/analyst/
Azavea | 340 N 12th St, Ste 402, Philadelphia, PA
cheetham at azavea.com | T 215.701.7713 | F 215.925.2663
Web azavea.com | Blog azavea.com/blogs | Twitter @rcheetham and @azavea
Azavea is a B Corporation - we apply geospatial technology for civic and social impact
while advancing the state-of-the-art through research. Join us.
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Ricardo Pinho <rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>I would appreciate any reference about free software solution that covers the range of transport planning - from
strategic planning to traffic engineering and simulation.
>What I am really looking for is an alternative to PTV Vision for a national level use case.
>Thank you very much,
>Discuss mailing list
>Discuss at lists.osgeo.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss