[OSGeo-Discuss] r100 generator

Munich Orientation Convention volksnav at volksnav.de
Fri Apr 17 01:14:43 PDT 2015

Hi everybody,

looking for a way to reform the enigmatic house numbering in Japan, I've
accidentally invented a system which can reform all orientation tools
including signage, post codes and room numbers. The system makes smarter,
sharpens the orientation sense and bases on imaginary clocks, a method used
by soldiers, pilots, boy scouts, the blind etc. for more than 100 years. For
a mass application, only a Convention was missing.

When we compare house numbers or milestones, we guide ourselves. Location
codes  and special pictograms allow us to guide ourselves around an
indoor/urban/global pole as elegantly as in Rio de Janeiro around the Christ
statue:

- inwards/outwards

and

- clockwise/counter clockwise

and this in harmony with codes for targets, crossings
www.volksnav.de/lollipop, stations www.volksnav.de/TokyoMetro, stop points,
bridges, tunnels etc. and in harmony with imagination, signage, cartography,
intelligent post codes, online applications www.volksnav.de/search, mobile
applications like www.volksnav.de/blindInTheCity for the blind etc. Possible
licensees are listed on www.volksnav.de/flyer and the fees are basically
symbolical.

A proposal to OSGeo Cuba according to www.volksnav.de/r100Cuba generated the
idea to declare the tool called r100 as OpenStandard. Confirm yourself the
nakedness of the emperor: just compare the FOSS4G map on
http://2015.foss4g.org/ with www.volksnav.de/r100Seoul.

So I'd appreciate if all maps for cities listed in www.volksnav.de/mapplet
would include r100 or open this possibility. This list grows continuously
and suggestions are more than welcome. Please consider that uncontrolled
changes of elements of the Convention would work against the idea of an
orientation standard, that means, against you as consumer.

Forums can be idea killers. I'm sure this forum will be an idea amplifier
and am eager to hear your ideas around this proposal.

Henrique