[OSGeo-Discuss] GEO4All_3, was: Please vote and select "Geo for All" logo

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Sat Apr 25 12:28:03 PDT 2015

Suchith Anand Sat, 25 Apr 2015 10:23:06 +0100
> Please vote your favourite logos before 20th May 2015 at

> http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/epifanio/656c7eb86d799c8b1fe3/GEO4ALL%20Logo%20context.ipynb

Like a surprising number of OP, I voted for GEO4All_3. (And, no, I did not look at the results before voting.) However I would like to suggest 2 tweaks to GEO4All_3:

1. The "arms" of the 4 humanoids appear to increase in girth as one rotates CCW from upper right to lower right. Perhaps this is meant to signify something (anorexics are blue ?-) but it just seems odd to me: I'd make the humanoids' arms all the same size (like their heads).

2. The 4 humanoids are rendered in different colors, which is fine. However one of the humanoids is the same color (green) as the globe all 4 surround; the other 3 are not. I'm not sure why I feel this way, but that just seems wrong to me. (The more important question here should probably be, why would anyone care that one humanoid seems to be privileged over the others ?-) Perhaps make the green humanoid brown, and leave the globe green.

FWIW, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>