[OSGeo-Discuss] Announcing the UN special session program at FOSS4G Seoul

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 10:16:30 PDT 2015

Hi Sanghee,

This is excellent and thank you and whole LOC and also  Dr. Junyoung Choi for making this session possible. I really hope we will make this a regular session at all future main FOSS4G Global events.

We want all our Geo4All labs to support and work towards the work towards the vision of the UN Millennium Development Goals [1] for building a better world and this session will help us build more collaborations and activities in the future. It is key part of our criteria and principles [2].

Service for the benefit and betterment of humanity is a key fundamental principle of “Geo for All”  and we want to contribute and focus our efforts for the UN Millennium Development Goals. There are  four areas that i believe we can contribute our joint expertise for global development and reducing poverty. Even though the scale of these global challenges are big , together we can at least provide our efforts linking to the UN Millennium Development Goals.
Details at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2015/05/geo-for-all-service-for-the-benifit-and-betterment-of-humanity/

So i am sure the UN focussed session at FOSS4G Seoul is great start for expanding our  collaborations .

Best wishes,

Suchith

Jeff , Maria - may i request you both who are presenting in this session and the panel discussions mention this and explore more collaborations with UN colleagues. Thanks.

[1] http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geoforall_criteria