[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2015] Nomination for Lene Fischer

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Wed Aug 19 07:04:33 PDT 2015

On 8/19/15 4:51 PM, Maria Antonia Brovelli wrote:
> I want also to let you know that I nominated Marco Minghini  as well.
>
> It is my great pleasure to nominate Marco Minghini (known as "Mingo") for OSGeo Charter membership.  Mingo has been an active advocate of Open Source GIS software and a regular presenter at FOSS4G events. Recently he was the co-organizer of the very successful FOSS4G 2015 Europe at Como, Italy. He has been working tirelessly to promote the development of Open Source software and data in academia and within the COST Networks (an EU funded inter-disciplinary network that involves almost 30 countries) where he is an active member. In July he organized in Como an amazing Training School "FOSS4VGI - Using Free and Open Source Software with VGI: integration, analysis and visualisation" (supported by the "COST Action TD1202 - Mapping and the Citizen Sensor"  initiative), gathering students and young scientists from all over Europe.  I have known and worked with Mingo for many years, starting from his bachelor thesis; he was one of my brightest students and is now an excellent researcher an
d promoter of Open Source Geoinformation.  Those who know Mingo know his big brightsmile and his endless enthusiasm.  Please welcome Mingo as an OSGeo Charter member.

> Best!
> Maria

Dear Maria,

I'm still waiting for Mingo's confirmation. This is a required step
according with http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process

Best,
Vasile