[OSGeo-Discuss] measuring email list activity

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Dec 17 23:50:47 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/12/2015 8:43 pm, Markus Neteler wrote:
>>
>> Hi Cameron,
>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Cameron Shorter
>> <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> My gut feeling is that over the years email activity and new ideas has
>>> gradually reduced on OSGeo-Discuss email list, and gradually increased on
>>> the OSGeo-Board email list. (I'd love to find some evidenced based
>>> research
>>> to confirm or deny this).
>>
>> here is at least "discuss":
>> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.osgeo.discuss
>>

> Hey Markus,
> This graph of email activity is really cool, although I'm not sure what
> conclusions to draw.

Hi Cameron,

no conclusions possible I guess unless also the board list is
registered there to obtain the corresponding list traffic plot.
This might require a SAC ticket since I am not sure who manages the
gmane registration for main OSGeo lists.

Best
Markus