[OSGeo-Discuss] OpenAerialMap Catalog Design and Tech Challenge

Cristiano Giovando cristiano.giovando at hotosm.org
Thu Feb 12 00:35:47 PST 2015

Hello,

As suggested by Alex (and Angelos) I would like to request your
feedback about design ideas for developing the OAM catalog. Here's
some reference about the initial discussion on GitHub [1] and more in
this thread on our mailing list [2].

We are also about to publish a tech challenge (aka RFP) with the goal
of hiring one or two developers to lead the implementation. Here's the
draft [3], on which I would appreciate your feedback as well. The
catalog is only the first component of OAM and we'll soon have a
second call for developing the tile engine part as well.

Some reference for those who are not familiar with OAM: it is a
project that seeks to provide a simple open way to host and share
imagery for humanitarian response and disaster preparedness. There
have been several attempts at OAM in the past, and recently HOT
received funding to finally develop it.

Feel free to share your ideas directly on GitHub or by replying to this email.

Thank you!

Cristiano

[1] https://github.com/hotosm/OpenAerialMap/issues/5
[2] https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/forum/?hl=en#!topic/openaerialmap/FBYUBpfrxds