[OSGeo-Discuss] Preparation of ideas pages for GSoC 2015 (deadline: 18th February!)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Feb 18 06:15:47 PST 2015

Hi Margherita,

Where are the OSGeo GSoC pages for 2015? In past years, they used to be
in the wiki, and that's where projects used to go to link their ideas
page, but I can't find any page for GSoC 2015 in the wiki. Has this
information moved to somewhere else?

See the set of "Google Summer of Code 2014 *" pages listed at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Google_Summer_of_Code

What is the plan for this year to collect the ideas?

Thanks

Daniel

On 2015-02-11 10:24 AM, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> *GSoC 2015* was officially announced earlier this year. The applications
> for mentoring organizations are now open and this year Hamish Bowman and
> myself will be applying for OSGeo's participation.
> The application deadline for mentoring organizations is the 20th of
> February, and right after that, Google will proceed examining the
> organizations. The showcase for evaluating the applications are the
> *GSoC ideas pages* [1], and for this reason, they need to be in perfect
> shape. This means that OSGeo teams are required to set up and shape
> their pages this week, coordinating their teams through their dev
> mailing lists. The pages will then linked to the main GSoC 2015 ideas
> page on the wiki.
> Please bear in mind that there is no guarantee whatsoever of the
> acceptance by Google based on the success of previous years, but they
> will judge the organizations only on the basis of ideas pages for 2015.
> Please forward this email to your project leaders and past GSoC mentors,
> and start listing ideas right away!
> Please cc soc list with your doubts and questions.
>
> [1] http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/making-your-ideas-page/
>

> Best regards,
>
> Dr. Margherita DI LEO
> Scientific / technical project officer
>
> European Commission - DG JRC
> Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES)
> Via Fermi, 2749
> I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261
> Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
> margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu
> <mailto:margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu>
>
> Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
> not in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of
> the European Commission.

Daniel Morissette
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201
http://www.mapgears.com/