[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo's spending budget for 2015

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Jan 18 11:02:22 PST 2015

Hello community!

It's important that we now come up with a budget for the OSGeo
organization for 2015.  This is a great opportunity for committees such
as our Systems Architecture committee, or the Marketing committee, to
request funding to be put aside for spending for specific needs.

Thanks to a nice brief financial report from our Treasurer Mike Smith at
the last Board meeting[1], we know that we have approximately 250,000
USD cash on hand, plus another 100,000 USD to come from Portland FOSS4G
profits shortly.

I have started a template to record our 2015 budget in the wiki[2] and
the OSGeo Board will work with committees to update it;
please if you have a specific need for funding (servers, marketing
materials, anything) speak up here and we would like to put aside the
funds for your needs for 2015.

Thanks everyone,

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-01-15#Minutes
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2015