[OSGeo-Discuss] Co-editors needed for "Geo for All" Newsletters
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 01:49:32 PDT 2015
Reminder to get 2 more co-editors to support Nikos for this. We have got one volunteer co-editor from Asia region . To make sure there is global distribution, it will be good to get co-editors from other continients (Africa and Americas) . So please email Nikos (Email: labrinos at eled.auth.gr ) if you can help with the newsletters. Thanks.
From: Anand Suchith
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 8:22 AM
To: discuss at lists.osgeo.org; ica-osgeo-labs at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Co-editors needed for "Geo for All" Newsletters
As we are growing rapidly with lot of activities, it has become difficult to keep track of all developments, so Dr. Nikos Lambrinos (Associate Professor, Dept. of Primary Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece) has put forward an excellent idea for starting a "Geo for All" newsletter, so we all can get summary monthly updates . Newsletter will be a good benifit to the community.
Nikos has also kindly volunteered to the the Chief Editor of our newsletter. We now need 3 volunteer co- editors to be part of this team with Nikos (ideally from different continients). So please let Nikos (Email: labrinos at eled.auth.gr ) know if you are interested.
In fact, all our email archives are available publically at http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/ica-osgeo-labs/ so it just need someone with some editorial skills to bring together key items and publish as a newsletter for the community. I am sure once we start, we can build upon this with feedbacks/inputs from others, use the same template for monthly newsletters etc. Just need a lead editor and good team in place for this.
The Newsletter aims to have the following:
* Summary of the month highlighting various activities in the network
* Will have a section on "Lab of the month" where the editor/sub editors will contact one of the labs in our network to work with them to put together an article on thier work and developments, key people etc.
* Sections on various events, conferences, webinars, courses, training programs etc at the various labs
* Section on any key research publications published by any of our labs
* Section on funding opportunities, bids etc that our members are working on
* Section on new free and open software, books, articles, etc.
* Section on scholarships for students and exchange programs for students and staff in our network.
* Any other ideas/proposals
So please come forward if you can help with this. Thanks.
This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee
and may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.
Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this
message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the
author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the
University of Nottingham.
This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an
attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your
computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email
communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as
permitted by UK legislation.
More information about the Discuss