[OSGeo-Discuss] new geoparser services

James Reid james.reid at ed.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 08:14:33 PDT 2015

All, for those interested in geoparsers I'm pleased to say that we
(University of Edinburgh) have recently made updates to our free Unlock
Text service.

We now support  2 separate geoparser engines - the 'Edinburgh LTG
Geoparser' and a modified Clavin engine. Details on both here:

http://edina.ac.uk/unlock/texts/

There is a documented  API and a simple beta demonstrator that allows
you to upload a document and geoparse it (for smallish documents only -
if you have a large amount of text please use the API)

Id be keen to get feedback and if folks that have  a play with it could
complete this : http://edin.ac/1dbC1IR   Id be very grateful.

Comments direct to this list also welcomed in the spirit of trying to
improve our offerings...

cheers

--
James Reid
Geoservices - EDINA - University of Edinburgh

t:+44(0)131 6511383 m:0759 5116988

"Stay vigilant." - Alan Stoob

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.