[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] [Ica-osgeo-labs] The LAS format, the ASPRS, and the “LAZ clone” by ESRI

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 00:18:21 PST 2015

Hi,

> Hi Cameron,
> Currently there's no finalized conformance test suite available for GeoPackage
> to test implementations, so there's no official reference implementation or
> conformant implementations.

I'd wish Scott or somebody from OGC could comment on this (and this
thread in general).

>> * It is probably not appropriate for OSGeo as an organisation to
>> directly point out ESRI's lack of support for GeoPackage write capability.
>
> I agree. The best marketing, if needed, would be to point at our
> implementations that do support write capability.

Be aware that it's not only read/write support one should report and
request in order to make a standard format an alternative to
Shapefiles.
For ArcGIS it's also edit capabilities (for whatever reason...).

Yours, S.