[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo in Belgium

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:29:57 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Dirk Frigne <dirk.frigne at geosparc.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reaction Gert-Jan,
>
> Some people are indeed cross-border Open Source Geo, but many arn't.
> To address these people, such a local chapter can be interesting to
> learn them about the OSGeo solutions.

I agree with Dirk (and said so before [1]) that we definitely need a
local conference if we want to reach out to end-users. Small firms,
local and regional governmentsare not very likely to join a conference
in a different country. And many of them have attended the previous
two events we had in Ghent and Brussels. In both cases attendance
exceeded the expectations, and inscriptions for the conference in
Brussels had to be closed.

This does not exclude cooperating with the dutch/french language chapters.

Kind Regards,
Johan

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-September/013538.html