[OSGeo-Discuss] Drafting a Diversity statement for the foundation (call for input)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 23:08:20 PDT 2015

Hi all,
As Jeff mentioned, there has been significant discussion about what
should be included in an OSGeo Diversity Statement / Code of Conduct, as
well as recommended exemplar sources we can draw upon.

I've en-devoured to capture these suggestions into one document.
I've included:
* Goals for a Code of Conduct / Diversity Statement
* Questions we as a community should consider which will shape the final
document (please vote on these)
* Exemplar sources, including PROs and CONs. Feel free to add extra
PROs/CONs
* Finally, I've drafted a first pass at a joint Diversity Statement /
Code of Conduct, which aims to draw the best from the exemplar sources
and people's suggestions

Document is here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Diversity

I'm interested to hear feedback and welcome input to the document,
especially in the Questions and Comments sections.