[OSGeo-Discuss] Meeting to finalise OSGeo Code of Conduct / Diversity Statement

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:03:19 PDT 2015

All,
There has been a lot of valuable discussion around the development of an
OSGeo Code of Conduct / Diversity Statement earlier this year, mainly on
the OSGeo Conference and OSGeo Board email lists.

I've researched a number of prior Code of Conduct and Diversity
Statements and combined with OSGeo participant comments to build a draft
OSGeo Code of Conduct, along with references to prior material,
comments, and a list of goals we want to achieve from such a document.

I propose that we aim to finalise a 1.0 version of an OSGeo Code of
Conduct/Diversity Statement and provide a recommendation for the next
OSGeo board meeting on 21 May 2015.

I've set up a Doodle Pole for an IRC meeting aimed at finalising this
Code of Conduct [1]

If you would like to contribute, please:
1. Read the draft code of conduct [2]
2. Provide comments either in the comments section on the wiki [3] or on
the conference email list [4]
3. Register for [1] and then attend the IRC meeting [5]

[1] http://doodle.com/k8bmu6e8kntht462
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Diversity
[3] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Diversity#Community_Comments
[5] irc://freenode.net#osgeo