[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Standards - Good Practice guidelines

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri May 29 02:56:15 PDT 2015

Thank you Gert-Jan van der Weijden for these updates from the Netherlands. As with any new action plan and policy it will take some time to get this fully implemented but the good news is it is happening (though not as fast as we wish) and as more and more governments realise the economic benifits this will accelerate. As  you rightly pointed, this that it is also the responsibility of all of us to bring this to the attention of decision makers worldwide. I was pleased to see this good practice examples put in one site by the EC as it helps governments to share ideas and learn best practices from each other.

Best wishes,

Suchith