[OSGeo-Discuss] new UN committee - call for members

Werner Leyh wernerleyh at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 07:21:25 PST 2015

Hi Jeff, Hi Jeroen, Hi Venka, Hi all

With regard to the work package “disaster managment”, covered by www.unisdr.org/ ,
the following “UNISDR Science and Technology Conference  on the implementation of the
Sendai Framework  for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030” could be important for us:
http://www.unisdr.org/we/inform/events/45270

The event will take place on 27-29 January 2016 in Geneva, Switzerland.

Of course, there are many other UN activities where FOSS could be very useful.
Nevertheless, disaster management is an important point with links to main other areas.
“Link Open Data” approaches with “crowd sourced data” will surely an important point.

Submission of abstracts is still possible till 30 November 2015.
Werner