[OSGeo-Discuss] Starting the build process for OSGeo-Live 9.5

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 11:18:51 PST 2015

We are starting the build cycle for version 9.5 of the OSGeo-Live [1]
DVD/USB/VM which will be released in March 2016, ready for several
special events, including FOSS4G-NA, FOSSGIS (Salzburg, Austria), among
others.

We would like to hear from anyone wishing to add new projects to
OSGeo-Live, anyone wishing to extend or add translations, or anyone who
has ideas on how we should shape the upcoming release.

Key Milestones
11 Jan 2016 All new applications installed, most old applications updated
01 Feb 2016 Feature Freeze (all apps updated)
15 Feb 2016 User Acceptance Test (all apps installed and working)
21 Mar 2016 Final ISO sent to printers

About OSGeo-Live
OSGeo-live is a Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source
Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use
OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software
without installing anything.

[1] http://live.osgeo.org

--
Cameron Shorter,