[OSGeo-Discuss] Fun Event in Victoria with mix of OSGeo/LocationTech projects

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Nov 12 07:54:14 PST 2015

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your very thoughtful response.  You summarize the
situation very well.  I think talking openly like this on this topic, is
the only way to make this all work.

It sounds like I am wrong about LocationTech's goals; at the same time
then, if that is the case, that LocationTech is not about commerce
(doesn't "commercially friendly" encourage business interest?), then
what was the need to create a separate new foundation, also focused on
growing Open Source geospatial software?

I hope we can speak openly here Rob, I do not mean any disrespect to you
personally or to LocationTech (some take it personal).  Please share
here the reasons you see to have 2 foundations focused on the same goal.

Thanks,

-jeff