[OSGeo-Discuss] Wiki + notifications

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Nov 20 02:41:36 PST 2015

Dear All,
thanks for the upgrade of the old wiki media version.

It would be nice to have the WYSIWYG_extensions [1] tough. You can test its
behaviour here [2].

This would be a great benefeit for the community from my point of view...

Ciao,
Maxi

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:WYSIWYG_extensions
[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor:Test?veaction=edit

> On 2015-11-20 12:02 PM, Yves Jacolin wrote:
>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> On Friday, November 20, 2015 9:07:24 Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Some of you might have noticed that the SAC team recently upgraded our
>>> wiki backend (MediaWiki), thank you to Martin Spott.
>>>
>> Indeed, and I already have some good feedback :) So big thanks to the SAC
>> team
>> and Martin Spott.
>>
>> But many of you
>>> don't realize that with this upgrade is the ability for the wiki to send
>>> e-mail notifications if you "watch" a page that you have updated.
>>>
>> I don't agree with this :) I watch a lot of wiki pages from many years,
>> this
>> is not a new feature :)
>>
>> So, for those of you using the wiki, please verify that your stored
>>>
>> [..]
>>
>> Thanks any way to clarify this!
>>
>> Y.
>>

> Thanks for clarifying this Yves.  Maybe what is new is that I get all of
> the bounces from wrong e-mail addresses sent to my inbox; in any case, it
> is a good time for every wiki user to review the stored e-mail address.
>
> -jeff

*Massimiliano Cannata*

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra