[OSGeo-Discuss] New Semantic Mediawiki based OSGeo Member Map for the OSGeo Wiki

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:54:20 PST 2015

Hi Christian,
This member map is great. One of the limitations I've noted with the
OSGeo Advocacy page [1] with that it included your old map, but wasn't
able to be updated.

With the ability to now collect and display structured data, I'd suggest
that it would be worth re-visiting our OSGeo Advocacy page, and moving
the current free text descriptions of people into structured data, would
could then be aggregated into different portals, as you suggest.

How would you suggest we approach this?
OSGeo Advocates for the most part have entered structured data about
themselves, based on the guidelines provided, which is reasonably
consistent.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate
(This page seems to be down, throwing a 500 error. Might be due to new
wiki not able to use page include statements correctly)

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager