[OSGeo-Discuss] MapIgniter Version 2

Marco Afonso mafonso333 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 05:43:13 PST 2015

Thank you Ricardo Pinho.

Yes a lot of improvements. The most important are:

1. Much simpler backoffice interface focusing on OpenLayers features. We
can look at it as an OpenLayers GUI.
2. The PHP framewok is now Laravel 5.1 which is a LTS release with a huge
PHP community.
3. Default map layout is an AngularJS application; as we know, AngularJS is
one of the best Javascript framewoks.

The main purpose of MapIgniter it let users without programming skills to
create maps from a variety of data sources because we know how hard is
develop web mapping applications and there are a lot of companies and
organizations out there with geographic data but wihout a way to publish it
on the browser.

MapIgniter 2 is based on the cutting edge PHP and JS libraries/frameworks,
so at that level, it has very good background to evolve :)

Cheers,

> Hi Marco,
> Excellent work, you seen lots of improvements over the v1 release.
> Looking forward to work with you again and build a gisvm mapgniter v2
> release.
> Cheers,
> Ricardo Pinho
>

> Em Quinta-feira, 12 de Novembro de 2015 21:08, Marco Afonso <
> mafonso333 at gmail.com> escreveu:
>

> Hi all,
>
> This is to announce the "alpha" version of the new MapIgniter 2 based on
> Laravel 5.1, OpenLayers 3 and Bootstrap 3.
>
> MapIgniter2 is an Open Source Web Mapping platform.
>
> https://github.com/taviroquai/mapigniter2
>
> *Main Features *
>

>    1. Multiple maps and layers
>    2. Supported data sorces: Bing, OSM, WMS, WFS, GPX, KML, Postgis,
>    GeoJSON and Shapefile
>    3. Create your own maps
>    4. Default map layout includes a layer switche, navigation tools and
>    search
>    5. Vetor features styling
>

> Take a look at the temporary demo:
> http://taviroquai.com/mapigniter2/public/
> Login to backoffice with
> u: admin at isp.com
> p: admin
>
> You are all invited to participate, test and submit issues on GitHub. :)
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Marco Afonso