[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo is becoming irrelevant. Here's why. Let's fix it.

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Oct 1 04:26:08 PDT 2015

Given we already have trac, may I suggest to try at just improving it
to allow for storing code in a git repository, wherever it is ?

I understand there's a plugin to allow for that, did anyone try it ?

Speaking about projects demand, here's a list of tickets about
trac (many of which being enhancement requests):
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&component=Systems+Admin&summary=~trac&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority

There are 18 of them, oldest of which is from 8 years ago, and newer
is from 5 months ago. If there's not enough power for managing trac,
will there really be enough to manage a new service ?

--strk;