[OSGeo-Discuss] Renaming FOSS4G

Gert-Jan van der Weijden gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Tue Oct 6 08:48:36 PDT 2015

If FOSS4G is meant to be an event exclusively organized by OSGeo then
a rebrand to to OSGeo conference makes perfect sense.
If -just as with FOSS4G-NA 2015- the conference is going to be a
co-productin with one more other organisations (such as LocationTech
then I'd keep the FOSS4G name.
To me this discussion is closely related to the discusison about the
relationship/overlap between OSGeo and LocationTech.
How about putting this on the new Board's strategic agenda for the
forthcoming year?

Regards,

GJ

Gert-Jan van der Weijden