[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: Re: Renaming FOSS4G

Andy Anderson aanderson at amherst.edu
Sun Oct 11 07:08:05 PDT 2015

AGM? Annual general meeting ?

The problem with acronyms…

— Andy

On Oct 11, 2015, at 9:03 AM, Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch<mailto:massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch>> wrote:

---------- Messaggio inoltrato ----------
Da: "Massimiliano Cannata" <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch<mailto:massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch>>
Data: 11/Ott/2015 14:54
Oggetto: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Renaming FOSS4G
A: "Venkatesh Raghavan" <raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp<mailto:raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp>>

Indeed i think that Venka is right.
OSGeo-live may let people think that all the software inside is part of the OSGeo projects. FOSS4G-live is more correct and clear in this sense.

Regarding the name of the conference i have already expressed my view (unfortunately not considered): the important is to define rules that guarantees equity, openess, transparence and that clerly says that foss4g is the OSGeo AGM.

Maxi