[OSGeo-Discuss] Renaming FOSS4G

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Mon Oct 12 02:54:42 PDT 2015

Dear all,

After changing conference name, losing long-lasted brand value will be very immediate and clear. However gaining the popularity of another firm brand will take time and the effect will be vague.

Sometimes branding strategy doesn’t work as we imagine in our brain. Branding is more about emotion than the logic. I don’t want to see OSGeo losing existing loyalty only to try to attract new comers. We still use QWERTY, it's inconvenient over DVORAK though.

Best regards,

신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee