[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo sponsors ?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Oct 14 08:26:18 PDT 2015

On 10/14/2015 03:07 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> Are there no more sponsors for OSGeo, or is the sponsors page broken ?
> http://www.osgeo.org/sponsors
>
> If you ask google, it gives big visibility to AutoDesk as a sponsor:
> https://www.google.it/search?q=osgeo+sponsors
> Taking you to a page (hosted by osgeo) with many links back to proprietary
> software solutions (all links seem broken right now).
>
> Is there a policy defined about which outgoing links are or aren't
> accepted on the OSGeo website ?
>
> --strk;

To clarify, part of the confusion appears to be that if you google
search: osgeo sponsors

The site links presented by google include 3 results under osgeo.org,
one of which is to http://www.osgeo.org/sponsors/autodesk

No other sponsor appears to get their own subpage on osgeo.org (only
links). Since it doesn't appear that Autodesk is a current sponsor
(someone feel free to correct me), and all sponsors should get similar
treatment, I have disabled the page in question from public viewing.
Hopefully it will vanish from google at some point.

Do we have a google analytics account? If so we have some control over
these sitelinks.
http://www.relishtraymedia.com/blog/bid/257788/SEO-Sitelinks-How-to-Get-Google-Subheadings-in-Search-Results

Forwarding to SAC to look into generating a more useful sitemap.xml and
tinkering with Sitelinks.

Thanks,
Alex