[OSGeo-Discuss] code of conduct: another real case

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 14:21:41 PDT 2015

Hi Peter,
I think your request to have ownership of Rasdaman "corrected" to be
owned by GmbH is reasonable, especially since the license of code I
assume shows reference to GmbH? I also assume this could be confirmed if
someone were to check the lineage of code commits?

I'd hope that this can be resolved without needing to refer to the CoC
Committee, which would typically deal with cases such as personal
slander. I realise that Jeff suggested this committee, but he also
suggested providing more information - which would be required should
this be a CoC issue.

I'd be inclined to suspect this issue could be resolved easily? I'd also
suspect that this is an accident rather than foul play by someone? At
the very least, we should assume innocence until proven guilty of any
person involved.

With regards to reference to incubation of rasdaman. Last correspondence
on this matter [1] has been that the incubation committee members have
provided feedback and actions to address before rasdaman is ready to be
incubated. We are waiting for such actions to be complete.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/incubator/2015-April/002695.html

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager