[OSGeo-Discuss] code of conduct: another real case

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Fri Sep 18 06:46:23 PDT 2015

hm, this is not my current interest, but I observe in passing that the term
"code of conduct" in OSGeo appears ...let's say... used by some people with very
focused interests. But as said, my concern gets first, and to me it is secondary
who acts as long as somebody acts :)
-Peter

On 2015-09-18 12:22, Camille Acey wrote:

> [...]
>     >> Hello community,
>     >>
>     >> here is another real case that I would like to raise.
>     >>
>     >> rasdaman [0] is listed on OpenHub [1], like many of us, with owner
>     rasdaman GmbH
>     >> set originally. By coincidence I found that OSGeo has claimed rasdaman
>     at some
>     >> time in the past.
>     >>
>     >> To my total surprise, as rasdaman is in incubation since about 5 years
>     now [2],
>     >> and since quite some time OSGeo refuses graduation requiring this and
>     that extra
>     >> documentation.
>     >>
>     >> I find this undercover misappropriation a gross violation of
>     professional ethics
>     >> and request to immediately "give back" the project as a remedial
>     action. I could
>     >> do it myself, but recently OpenHub requires a phone number to be entered to
>     >> which, as blog comments show, spam will get sent. IMO it is on OSGeo to
>     bring
>     >> this sacrifice.
>     >>
>     >> Actually, I know who has "stolen ownership", but will not disclose identity
>     >> publicly following suggested practice.
>     >>
>     >> Rather, I am seeking contact to and investigation by the CoC Committee (or
>     >> whoever is in charge).
>     >>
>     >> Thanks,
>     >> Peter
>     >>
>     >> [0] http://www.rasdaman.org
>     >> [1] https://www.openhub.net/p/rasdaman
>     >> [2] http://rasdaman.org/wiki/OSGeo
>     >>
>     >> PS: On the side, this IMHO justifies an amendment of the CoC rules to
>     prevent
>     >> such a case in future.
>     >>
>     >

>     --
>     Dr. Peter Baumann
>      - Professor of Computer Science, Jacobs University Bremen
>        www.faculty.jacobs-university.de/pbaumann
>     <http://www.faculty.jacobs-university.de/pbaumann>
>        mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
>     <mailto:p.baumann at jacobs-university.de>
>        tel: +49-421-200-3178 <tel:%2B49-421-200-3178>, fax: +49-421-200-493178
>     <tel:%2B49-421-200-493178>
>      - Executive Director, rasdaman GmbH Bremen (HRB 26793)
>        www.rasdaman.com <http://www.rasdaman.com>, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
>     <mailto:baumann at rasdaman.com>
>        tel: 0800-rasdaman, fax: 0800-rasdafax, mobile: +49-173-5837882
>     <tel:%2B49-173-5837882>
>     "Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis
>     ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli
>     destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)

Dr. Peter Baumann
   mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
   tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
   www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com