[OSGeo-Discuss] code of conduct: another real case

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Sep 18 09:11:51 PDT 2015

This might just be an accidental bit of confusion. At some point the
Marketing and Outreach committee did want to make sure that all OSGeo
projects had listings on OpenHub because we pull these stats into
OSGeo-Live and other materials. We also wanted all OSGeo projects to
show up if someone looked at the OSGeo org (this is a way to market the
projects).

I don't think we ever intended to misrepresent who owns the copyrights,
trademarks, etc...

Looking at the page I don't see Owner as a field. I only see
Organization and I'm not clear if a project can be part of more than 1 Org.

This seems like something we can easily resolve. Are you asking us to
remove the Organization link? Please state exactly what you expect us to
fix.

Thanks,
Alex