[OSGeo-Discuss] Board election: no re-elections this year?

Gert-Jan van der Weijden gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed Sep 23 00:17:13 PDT 2015

Hello list,

Preparing to cast my vote for the board election, I noticed that all 4
(Jáchym, Bart, Gérald, Jorge) board members who reached the end of
their 2-year term are not standing for re-election. (besides that:
Anne decided not to stay for her 2nd year of her 1st term)

Some questions arise:
- Is the board membership such a demanding job that members always
resign after 2 years?
- Is this a good thing, to make sure we dont'have board members who
are tied to their seats?
- Or is this a bad thing, with board members switching too fast to
reach their goals?

Respones from anybody are as always appreciated, but the 4+1 resigning
board members and the current candidates are especially invited to
give their humble opinion on this.

Regards,

Gert-Jan

Gert-Jan van der Weijden