[OSGeo-Discuss] Board election: no re-elections this year?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Sep 23 00:38:43 PDT 2015

Hi Gert-Jan,

My own opinion is that the OSGeo community and its projects are maturing
and we are facing new issues that might not seem as "fun" as in the
past, such as: renewing bylaws, FOSS4G structure, financial, training,
certification, sponsorship, relations with other foundations.  Sure all
of those topics have existed for a long time, but suddenly they are
becoming more important for the foundation.

As we/community members mature, we're more confident and speak our minds
more, and that leads to the occasional "-1" in the voting, and this
takes time to find another solution.

With Anne moving onto another life path and the other 4 members stepping
down, I see this as a wonderful opportunity to expand our leadership, to
give that stage to other members and let them grow.

I hope these
(late-night/early-morning/my-body-has-no-idea-what-time-it-is) thoughts
give a hint.

-jeff