[OSGeo-Discuss] Question(s) for board candidates

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 10:36:38 PDT 2015

Hi Jody,

> Thank you for your insightful inputs. I would like to also use this
> opportunity to invite Industry like Boundless team who are committed to
> OSGeo ideals be more actively involved in Geo4All as Industry partner for
> rapidly expanding opportunities.

Using my personal email here, so not speaking for boundless, but I think
you will find we have an intern working on material for Geo4All :)

I would also like to remind the Geo4All initiative to not only focus on use
of our OSGeo software, but to relentless push students to take part in the
projects. Each and every course should have contact details for the
projects in question, a note to be polite online (as their discussion will
be visible to potential employers), and a reminder that without their
involvement this software will not continue to exist.

> I discussed this with Marc Vloemans (cc in ) last week when we met at
> SASIG 2015  http://osgeopt.pt/sasig2015/   in Lisbon. So i look forward
> to hear from Marc and others in the industry for closer collaborations in
> both education and research collaborations (esp. for H2020 opportunities).

I look forward to meeting Marc next month at LocationTech Summit, there is
actually a couple days hackfest as part of that event if you have anyone
interested in collaboration.
--
Jody