[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2015] Board of Directors elections results

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Sep 30 05:41:35 PDT 2015

A huge welcome to the new board members (Anita, Helena, Jody, Sanghee,
Venka) thank you for volunteering your time to help the foundation.
Please be sure to join the OSGeo Board mailing list now (subscribe at
http://lists.osgeo.org/listinfo/board).

A big hug to both Nimalika and Dirk, for your continued leadership.  I
had the privilege to meet again with Nimalika in Seoul (those meetings
with leaders like her are why I step on a plane for 21 hours), and we
also were able to see Dirk through Skype at the Annual General Meeting
session in Seoul.  I cannot say enough about the work of both of them,
for OSGeo.

Thank you to the departing board members: Anne, Jachym, Jorge, Gerald
and Bart.  I know that they will continue their leadership in OSGeo,
that is for sure.

Vasile, well, he did a massive amount of work to manage this election
process.  He gave so many opportunities and ways for charter members to
speak up and give opinions.  And most importantly (a key part in
leadership) he listened to everyone.  Thank you Vasile for your
dedication to the community.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna