[OSGeo-Discuss] UN training material

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Apr 11 12:33:05 PDT 2016

Once this page is made an entry should be made in our educational inventory
[1]

Cheers,
Charlie

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/education

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, I have added in a few links. We will need to watch this page as
> content is added - as new content is being added based on sometimes
> incomplete earlier examples. Thus far nobody has provided data references
> for example as requested.
>
> Maria is a point-of-contact needed? In what circumstances would contact be
> made?
>
> Bob - can I ask you to link to training material for GeoMOOSE? This wiki
> is gathering up training material for use in an open education context (so
> something that is free to be re-mixed into an academic course).
>
> Jeff - GeoNode has been added as a project - but also lacks education
> material, and a point of contact?
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 11 April 2016 at 08:51, Maria Brovelli <maria.brovelli at polimi.it>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, that could be repurposed...
>> Maria
>>

>> Il 11/04/2016 17:26, Jody Garnett ha scritto:
>>
>> Any restrictions on license Maria? I understood this initiative was
>> trying to gather material that could be repurposed for open education use.
>>
>> --
>> Jody Garnett
>>
>> On 11 April 2016 at 03:36, Maria Brovelli <maria.brovelli at polimi.it>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All
>>> as many of you know, OSGeo and G4A started a volunteer initiative for
>>> evaluating a possible migration of UN geospatial applications from
>>> proprietary to FOS S.
>>> I'm there the representative of G4A and I'm in charge of leading,
>>> together with Prof. Ki-Joune Li, the capacity building program of this UN
>>> OpenGIS Initiative.
>>> I'm kindly asking all of you, if you have short courses or workshops
>>> (for instance those held at FOSS4G Conferences) about
>>>
>>> QGIS, PostreSQL, PostGIS, Geoserver, OpenLayers, Geonode
>>>
>>> of referencing them at this wiki page
>>>
>>> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/UNTraining>*https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/UNTraining
>>> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/UNTraining>*
>>> If you have any doubt please contact directly me or Ki-Joune.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance.
>>> Best regards.
>>>
>>> Maria
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
>>> Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
>>> Politecnico di Milano
>>>
>>> ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS AB; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET
>>> Sol Katz Award 2015
>>>
>>> Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
>>> Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
>>> e-mail1: maria.brovelli at polimi.it
>>> e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it

>> --
>>
>> Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
>> Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
>> Politecnico di Milano

> [...]

Charlie Schweik

Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dept of Environmental Conservation and School of Public Policy

Personal website: http://people.umass.edu/cschweik
Publications: http://works.bepress.com/charles_schweik/

Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012)
- see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545