[OSGeo-Discuss] Geo4All - Empowering academics and educators globally - requesting colleagues to share Geo4All ideas at Geography Awareness Week

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Aug 16 23:41:52 PDT 2016

Brian,

I would second Barends claim, that this can not be considered as open.

For me this looks like the following:

1. Someone claims intellectual property rights on some formalized idea.

2. This someone now promotes and sells this idea for a fee.

Please help me on how this approach can be considered as open? Hint [1],
[2].

Thanks,

Christian

[1] http://opendefinition.org/