[OSGeo-Discuss] [Ica-osgeo-labs] From Big Data to Open Data: Mobilizing the Data Revolution

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Fri Feb 12 05:19:04 PST 2016

It might be worth noting that ESA and NASA are very successfully collaborating on WebWorldWind development.

This 4D geobrowser platform is making huge strides in ^helping^ our world have 'big access' to 'big data.'

https://github.com/NASAWorldWind/WebWorldWind

https://webworldwind.org/

An example of how easy it is for your data to be accessed. . .
You could be delivering your data within minutes via a WMS server!

http://worldwindserver.net/webworldwind/apps/Explorer.html

How easy is it to add your own server?
Copy this URL into "Add new server":

http://apps.ecmwf.int/wms/?token=MetOceanIE

You'll just need CORS running on the server,
http://webworldwind.org/developers-guide/common-problems/

A single configuration line change in your favorite server can do this (we've used Apache and Tomcat)

http://enable-cors.org/server.html

-Patrick
(650) 604-5656 (office)
(650) 269-2788 (cell)