[OSGeo-Discuss] ​​OSGeo Seal Design Contest

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:00:01 PST 2016

I've added a first submission to the OSGeo Seal contest.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Seal_contest#Submission_1

I propose that the existing OSGeo Compass (or one of the existing
variants) be considered as the OSGeo Seal. My reasoning is that our
existing logo is good, works well as a seal, and is consistent with
OSGeo's branding with helps retain a recognizable image leading to
strong branding. As I've done no work creating this image, I'm taking
myself out of the running for accepting any awards.

Cameron

On 11/02/2016 11:37 am, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> On 2016/02/11 4:15, Jody Garnett wrote:
>> I found this link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_seal) a helpful
>> starting point.
> Also this one
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_%28emblem%29
>
> Best
>
> Venka
>
>> --
>> Jody Garnett
>>
>> On 10 February 2016 at 10:13, Anita Graser<anitagraser at gmx.at>  wrote:
>>
>>> ​Dear OSGeo community,
>>>
>>> OSGeo just turned 10 and as a gift to ourselves, we would like to invite
>>> the artistic minds in our community to develop the official seal for our
>>> foundation (in line with our bylaws). This seal will be used on official
>>> documents, such as the student award certificates at FOSS4G Events.
>>>
>>> Anyone may submit artwork. We are looking for the best, so spread the word
>>> to your family and friends.
>>>
>>> The winning designer will receive a free pass to FOSS4G
>>> ​ ​
>>> 2016.
>>>
>>> For more information, please visit
>>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Seal_contest#Contest_Parameters