[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] Funding code Sprints

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Sun Feb 21 23:07:53 PST 2016

Venka and All,

For my two-pence, which won't even get you a cup of chai in Mumbai, I am not a fan of code sprints. Show me any lasting results of those events. As a former High School science teacher (almost 30 years ago), I sensed that real character development (and results) came from more serious application of efforts, the kind of project-based efforts that get accomplished by small teams over academic quarters or semesters of time.

This is some of the thinking that went into designing the Europa Challenge that NASA runs in concert with Politecnico di Milano at Como. We certainly welcome any support our young champions might benefit from that the OSGEO Foundation might wish to provide.

Whatever process there is for making the request, we would like to apply please.

-Patrick
 (650) 604-5656 (office)
 (650) 269-2788 (cell)