[OSGeo-Discuss] Upper Midwest Geospatial Conference

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 11:40:59 PST 2016

Hi David,
You might want to reach out directly to some of the people from the
OSGeo Advocate List who live nearby.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate#Advocates_Map

Others, if you are not on this list, but would like to be, feel free to
sign yourself up:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate#Process_for_becoming_an_OSGeo_Advocate

If you are introducing a new community to OSGeo, you might want to have
a speaker (maybe yourself), give a variant on the OSGeo-Live presentation:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/presentation/index.html#/

Warm regards, Cameron

On 12/01/2016 9:01 am, David William Bitner wrote:
> For those folks in the Upper Midwest, there's a great conference
> coming up May 25-26 in Lacrosse, Wisconsin. It's an event that is
> being put together by the Statewide GIS organizations in Minnesota,
> Wisconsin, and Iowa along with the non-profits ASPRS, GITA, and
> SharedGeo.
>
> This event offers a great opportunity for presenters and sponsors to
> reach out to folks who do not normally see much of what is happening
> in OSGeo and the broader Open Source communities. The event planning
> committee has shown a keen interest in trying to bring in folks from
> the Open Source community as part of the program.
>
> Coming so soon after FOSS4G North America in Raleigh, NC at the
> beginning of May, this would be a great opportunity for those already
> pulling together a presentation to get double-duty out of all of their
> work. It would also be a great opportunity for those in the region who
> may find it hard to travel to FOSS4GNA to get together!
>
> Lacrosse in May should be a gorgeous time to come spend some time in
> the Mississippi River Bluffs! I hope to see some of you there.
>
> The call for presentations closes NEXT WEEK January 18th along with
> Early Bird vendor and Sponsor registration.
>
> Call for Proposals: http://www.uwlax.edu/conted/geocon/present.html
>
> Vendor/Sponsor Information:
> http://www.uwlax.edu/conted/geocon/sponsor-vendor.html
>
> David Bitner